About Play & Learn
The Centre’s Programs are based on developmental observations and the interests of the individual children and the group. Lead Educators display a Weekly Program and Daily Photo Page to show families the educational activities that their children participate in them.
Educators take samples of children’s work, and meaningful events to be displayed throughout the centre.
The Centre is guided in Programming by the “Early Years Learning Framework” and “My Time Our Place” for school aged children. It conveys the highest expectations for all children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition to school.
The “Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines” are also used for those children enrolled in the Kindergarten Program in the Pre-Prep Room.
The “Early Years Learning Framework” communicates these expectations through the following five Learning Outcomes;
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Children are confident and involved learners.
- Children are effective communicators.